Saturday, May 3, 2014

WORK FOR A CAUSE, NOT APPLAUSE..............Arkansas Disaster May 1, 2014


1st and foremost I have to THANK my host family who just by chance is the niece of 2 of my friends from West Aurora High School, Sue & Becky Orr.. This is my new friend Staci McDuffee and her boyfriend  who have graciously welcomed me into their home and are hosting me while I am here :)
 
 



Rolled into town on Thursday and still finding my way around.. Found my way to Mayflower and Conway.. Operation BBQ is doing thousands of meals everyday for the volunteer workers and anyone in need of food :)


This poor pooooopie was stuck underneath the house alone until owners & volunteers were able to dig him out the next day!!! He is a trooper and has no wounds except maybe a little scared.. :)  <3
This is just a few photos of my venture out the 1st 2 days... 




If the tornado could twist these steel beams like this,
can you imagine what other damage it did!!!??? :(


Not quite sure if these are actual trees growing in this lake/pond or if
this is just land flooded that much???


 
 
MOHR to come.... Watch for mohr frequent updates on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/1mohr AND if you have connections or suggestions of where help is needed around here (Arkansas) leave me a message on FaceBook :) THANKS MUCH!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox <3 <3 <3
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!! Thanks so much!!