Wednesday, February 1, 2012

David is Holding On!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:06 PM, EST
I just got to go in an see David for a few minutes. He is still in critical condition. He is holding on but not stable enough to do surgery. If there is a change in his condition they will do the surgery at 3.
So, while David holds on we will wait, we will cry some and we will pray. I know I just changed from first person to third but there is for a reason. I have a "we". I have an amazing "we" support system with me right now in Miami. I also have an amazing "we" on-line around the world. I have never felt so loved and valued and cared for in my life. The sheer number of people who care about me and my husband is such an encouragement. To know that we are not alone. God did not abandon us in our time of greatest need. He did not leave us to suffer alone (Psalm 34:18) "God is close to the brokenhearted". He provided an army to battle with us.
Parents are praying with their children, atheist are praying to God for the first time on David's behalf, people who don't even know us are literally crying out to God on our behalf. And so, we wait. We wait, but we do not wait passively.
We pick up our swords and we open our mouths and as we wait we cry out to God to show up and do a miracle. And while we wait we look expectantly to see where God is at work and then when "we" see him we join in and say "Go Jesus"!
So, let's pray for these things.   
  1. Pray that we will not loose heart in the battle and that we will see Him do miraculous things.
  2. Pray that we will worship Him in all things and at all times.
  3. Pray that we will continue to know of God's great love for us and that He has plans not to harm us but to give us a hope and a future.
  4. Pray that David's body will hold on and begin to turn towards healing
  5. Pray that no more of his vital organs die or shut down
  6. Pray that I will do this well and that people will see Jesus in me and that they will know of the great love I have for them for joining us on the journey.
  7. Pray for David's fingers. They are not getting the blood and circulation that they need and if they don't get that soon he will loose them. Now for those of you who don't know, David is a worshiper with an incredible voice. However, his preferred form of worship is guitar. When he was a young boy someone gave him a guitar and said "you are suppose to play this in church". He taught himself how to play and he has been worshipping God with his guitar ever since. We need those fingers.
  8. Pray without ceasing and pray at all times.
Prayer changes things!
A grateful heart,
Nicolle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!! Thanks so much!!